Tuesday, December 19, 2017

Updating Linux system to a specific release instead of the highest available version

System update to a specific release rather than upgrading it to the highest version:



Modify the yum.conf file as below:
[root@system1 ~]# cat /etc/yum.conf
[main]
distroverpkg=6.8
cachedir=/var/cache/yum/$basearch/$releasever
keepcache=0
debuglevel=2
logfile=/var/log/yum.log
exactarch=1
obsoletes=1
gpgcheck=1
plugins=1
installonly_limit=3
[root@system1 ~]#

Create/modify below file with the desired OS version release:
[root@system1 ~]# cat /etc/yum/vars/releasever
6.8
[root@system1 ~]#

Run below command to update the system:
[root@system1 ~]# yum --releasever=6.8 update
[root@system1 ~]#

Hope it helps !

1 comment:

  1. Heya i amm for the first time here. I camee across this board and I find It really useful & it helped me out a
    lot. I hope too give something back and help others like yoou helped me.

    ReplyDelete